- Detects cellular signal strength and direction.
- Works indoors and outdoors.
- Detects frequencies from 15 MHz to 2700 MHz (2.7 GHz), including cellular and WiFi. (See More Information for additional bands.)
- Two SMA-female connectors attach to telescoping and whip external antennas (included) or to any antenna or cable with SMA-male connectors.
- Solid aluminum case.
- 128×64 backlit LCD screen with excellent indoor and outdoor visibility.
- Mini-USB 2.0 connector (female) recharges built-in battery, connects to a PC for extra functionality. (Micro-USB cable not included.)
- Designed for professional installers to detect signal strength and distance when installing and troubleshooting WilsonPro and weBoost cell phone signal booster systems.
- 1 × RF Explorer signal meter.
- 1 × Nagoya NA-773 wideband telescoping antenna (for < 1000 MHz frequencies).
- 1 × whip helical antenna (for > 1000 MHz frequencies).
- 1 × hard-sided case (black).
- Defective units may be returned for warranty exchange only. Working units may not be returned for cash or credit.
Popular frequencies detected by the RF Explorer signal meter
This list includes common, well-known frequencies that can be surveyed with the RF Explorer signal meter. For a complete list of allocated frequencies between 15 MHz and 2700 MHz, please consult this index.
Citizens band (CB) radio
Garage door openers, alarm systems
40–50, 900 MHz
Cordless home phones
50–54, 144–148, 216–220, 222–225 420–450, 902–928,
1240–1300, 2300–2310, 2390–2450 MHz
Amateur (ham) radio
54–88, 174–216 MHz
VHF television (channels 2–6, 7–13)
108–117.975, 1559–1610 MHz
Global Positioning System (GPS)
Family band radio
UHF television (channels 14–51)
Cellular (SMH blocks)
Cellular (CLR blocks)
1710–1755, 2110–2155 MHz
Cellular (AWS blocks)
Cellular (PCS blocks)
2305–2315, 2350–2360 MHz
Cellular (WCS blocks, "WiMax")
WiFi (802.11b/g/n), Bluetooth, older cordless home phones
15 MHz–2700 MHz
112 kHz–600 MHz
Dynamic Range (Left SMA Port):
−115 dBm–0 dBm
Dynamic Range (Right SMA Port):
−110 dBm–−10 dBm
Max Input Power (Left SMA Port):
Max Input Power (Right SMA Port):
Average Noise Level (Typical):
Frequency Stability & Accuracy (Typical):
Amplitude Stability & Accuracy (Typical):
Resolution Bandwidth (RBW):
3 kHz–600 kHz (automatic)
Top Signal accessories are warranted for ninety (90) days against defects in workmanship and/or materials. Warranty cases may be resolved by calling Powerful Signal at 866‑912‑3444.
This warranty does not apply to any accessories or components determined by Powerful Signal to have been subjected to misuse, abuse, neglect, or mishandling that alters or damages physical or electronic properties.