Features of the Top Signal RF Explorer signal meter
- Detects cellular signal strength and direction.
- Works indoors and outdoors.
- Detects frequencies from 15 MHz to 2700 MHz (2.7 GHz), including cellular and WiFi spectra. (See below for more information.)
- Two SMA-female connectors attach to telescoping and whip external antennas (included) or to any antenna or cable with SMA-male connectors.
- Aluminum case.
- 128 × 64 backlit LCD screen with excellent indoor and outdoor visibility.
- Mini-USB 2.0 connector (female) recharges built-in battery and connects to a PC for extra functionality. (Mini-USB cable not included.)
The Top Signal RF Explorer signal meter’s display
Who is the Top Signal RF Explorer signal meter for?
- The RF Explorer is used by professional installers to detect signal strength and distance when installing and troubleshooting in-building cell phone signal booster systems.
Top Signal RF Explorer signal meter contents
Popular frequencies detected by the RF Explorer signal meter
This list includes common, well-known frequencies that can be surveyed with the RF Explorer signal meter. For a complete list of allocated frequencies between 15 MHz and 2700 MHz, please consult this index.
Citizens band (CB) radio
Garage door openers, alarm systems
Cordless home phones
50–54, 144–148, 216–220, 222–225, 420–450, 902–928, 1240–1300, 2300–2310, 2390–2450
Amateur (ham) radio
VHF television (channels 2–6, 7–13)
Global Positioning System (GPS)
Family band radio
UHF television (channels 14–51)
Cellular (SMH blocks)
Cellular (CLR blocks)
Cellular (AWS blocks)
Cellular (PCS blocks)
Cellular (WCS blocks, “WiMax”)
WiFi (802.11b/g/n), Bluetooth, older cordless home phones
15 MHz–2700 MHz
112 kHz–600 MHz
Dynamic Range (Left SMA Port):
−115 dBm–0 dBm
Dynamic Range (Right SMA Port):
−110 dBm–−10 dBm
Max Input Power (Left SMA Port):
Max Input Power (Right SMA Port):
Average Noise Level (Typical):
Frequency Stability & Accuracy (Typical):
Amplitude Stability & Accuracy (Typical):
Resolution Bandwidth (RBW):
3 kHz–600 kHz (automatic)
For warranty information on this product, please see our Top Signal warranty information page.