Powerful Signal answers your questions about improving cell signal, choosing the right signal booster solution, and troubleshooting issues with your system
Updated June 14, 2022
- Why can’t I make a cell phone call?
- Why does my cell phone drop calls?
- Why do some cell phones have better signal reception than others?
- What’s the difference between cell signal strength and cell signal quality?
- What technologies can improve my cell signal?
- Do cell phone signal boosters really work?
- Do cell phone boosters boost WiFi signals?
- Do U.S. and Canadian cell phone boosters work in other countries?
- Should I use a directional or omnidirectional outside antenna?
- Should I buy a 50‑ohm or a 75‑ohm cell signal booster?
- Why does my call drop when I walk into my building?
- How do window tint and low-e glass affect cell signals?
- How can I get better cell signal in a metal building?
- Why can some cell phones in my building make calls while others can’t?
- Will my carrier fix the cell signal problem in my building?
- What technologies can improve cell signal reception in my building?
- What is DAS?
- What are the differences between active DAS and passive DAS?
- Should I use passive DAS or fiber DAS?
- Do I need a license to operate a fiber DAS or passive DAS solution?
- Does my carrier need to approve my cell signal booster system?
- What should I look for in a company who can fix the cell signal in my building?
- Can I install a cell signal booster system in my building by myself?
- How do I install a cell signal booster in my business?
- How large an area in my building will one cell signal booster cover?
- Can I install several cell signal booster systems in my building to cover more area?
- Will I drop my call when I enter a building with a cell signal booster?
- Can I limit the number of people who access my cell signal booster system?
- If I already have a cell signal booster system for one carrier, can I add a second system for another carrier?
- Can a cell phone booster use existing Ethernet or fiber cable in my building?
- How can I be certain that a cell phone booster system will work in my building?
- What do I need to know before buying a cellular amplifier system?
- How do I choose the right system to improve cell signal reception in my building?
- Should I use a wideband or channel-specific cellular amplifier in my building?
- Does my building’s size determine the type of cell signal booster system I need?
- Why do I have difficulty making calls inside my home?
- Why is my next-door neighbor getting cell signal but I’m not?
- Will my carrier fix the cell signal problem in my home?
- What technologies can improve cell signal reception in my home?
- What size cell booster should I buy for my home?
- How well do cell signal boosters work in multi-floor houses?
- Will a cell signal booster work with a WiFi hotspot in my home?
- How do I install a cell signal booster in my home?
- How do I find the strongest cell tower in my area?
- Do I need a license or pay fees to operate a cell phone signal booster in my home?
- What types of home cell signal boosters are available?
- How do I choose the right cell phone signal booster for my home?
- Will a cell signal booster work with a WiFi hotspot in my RV?
- How do I choose the right signal booster for my boat?
- How much antenna separation do I need on my boat?
- How far from shore will a cellular booster on my boat receive cell signal?
- How do I mount the marine antenna for my boat’s cell signal booster?