Features of the Top Signal RF Explorer 6G PLUS signal meter
- Detects strength and direction of cellular and other LF, MF, HF, VHF, and UHF frequencies.
- Detects frequencies from 15 MHz to 6.1 GHz with no gaps, including low-band and mid-band cellular and 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz, and 6 GHz WiFi. (Learn more.)
- Spectrum Analyzer mode with Peak Max and Hold, Normal, Overwrite, and Averaging modes.
- New HELP and SET buttons to improve user interface and PRESET configuration selection with two clicks.
- Solid metal case with high-quality varnished paint.
- Pocket size and lightweight.
- 128 × 64 pixels backlit LCD screen with excellent indoor and outdoor visibility.
- Two SMA-female connectors attach to external antennas (included) or to any antenna or cable with SMA-male connectors.
- Mini-USB 2.0 connector recharges the built-in lithium-ion battery for 10+ hours of continuous use.
- Connects to Windows, macOS, and Linux computers for extra functionality. (Power/data cable included; click here to download RF Explorer software.)
The RF Explorer signal meter’s display
Who is the Top Signal RF Explorer 6G PLUS signal meter for?
- The RF Explorer signal meter is used by professional installers to detect signal strength and distance when conducting site surveys and installing and troubleshooting in-building cell phone signal booster systems.
- The RF Explorer signal meter can also be used by anyone who needs to detect radio transmissions and measure their strength.
Top Signal RF Explorer 6G PLUS signal meter contents
Popular frequencies detected by the RF Explorer 6G PLUS signal meter
This list includes common, well-known frequencies that can be surveyed with the RF Explorer signal meter. For a complete list of allocated frequencies between 15 MHz and 6.1 GHz, please consult this index.
Citizens band (CB) radio
Garage door openers, alarm systems
Cordless home phones
50–54, 144–148, 216–220, 222–225, 420–450, 902–928, 1240–1300, 2300–2310, 2390–2450
Amateur (ham) radio
VHF television (channels 2–6, 7–13)
Global Positioning System (GPS)
Family band radio
UHF television (channels 14–37)
Cellular band 71 (Digital Dividend)
Cellular band 12/band 17 (Lower SMH)
Cellular band 13 (Upper SMH)
Cellular band 14 (Upper SMH/FirstNet)
Cellular band 5/band 26 (CLR)
Cellular band 4/band 66 (AWS)
Cellular band 2/band 25 (PCS)
Cellular band 30 (WCS, “WiMax”)
WiFi (802.11b/g/n), Bluetooth, older cordless home phones
Cellular band 41 (BRS/EBS)
Cellular band 48 (CBRS)
Cellular band 48 (CBRS)/band 77 (C-Band)
Frequency Range (Left Connector):
240 MHz–960 MHz
Frequency Range (Right Connector):
15 MHz–6100 MHz
2 MHz–960 MHz in a single sweep
−125 dBm–10 dBm
Max Input Power (Absolute):
Average Noise Level (Typical LNA):
Amplitude Stability & Accuracy (Typical):
Resolution Bandwidth (RBW):
2.6 kHz–600 kHz (automatic)
For warranty information on this product, please see our Top Signal warranty information page.