Features of the Top Signal RF Explorer 4G/5G signal meter
- Detects strength and direction of cellular and other LF, MF, HF, VHF, and UHF frequencies with no gaps.
- Works indoors and outdoors.
- Pocket size and lightweight.
- Detects frequencies from 50 KHz to 4000 MHz (4 GHz), including cellular and 2.4 GHz WiFi spectra. (Learn more.)
- Two SMA-female connectors attach to external antennas (included) or to any antenna or cable with SMA-male connectors.
- Solid metal case with high-quality varnished paint.
- 128 × 64 backlit LCD screen with excellent indoor and outdoor visibility.
- Mini-USB 2.0 connector recharges the built-in lithium-ion battery and connects to Windows, macOS, and Linux computers for extra functionality. (Mini-USB cable included; click here to download RF Explorer software.)
The RF Explorer signal meter’s display
Who is the Top Signal RF Explorer 4G/5G signal meter for?
- The RF Explorer is used by professional installers to detect signal strength and distance when conducting site surveys and installing and troubleshooting in-building cell phone signal booster systems.
Top Signal RF Explorer 4G/5G signal meter contents
Popular frequencies detected by the RF Explorer 4G/5G signal meter
This list includes common, well-known frequencies that can be surveyed with the RF Explorer signal meter. For a complete list of allocated frequencies between 15 MHz and 2700 MHz, please consult this index.
Citizens band (CB) radio
Garage door openers, alarm systems
Cordless home phones
50–54, 144–148, 216–220, 222–225, 420–450, 902–928, 1240–1300, 2300–2310, 2390–2450
Amateur (ham) radio
VHF television (channels 2–6, 7–13)
Global Positioning System (GPS)
Family band radio
UHF television (channels 14–37)
Cellular band 71 (Digital Dividend)
Cellular band 12/band 17 (SMH)
Cellular band 13 (SMH)
Cellular band 14 (FirstNet)
Cellular band 5/band 26 (CLR)
Cellular band 4/band 66 (AWS)
Cellular band 2/band 25 (PCS)
Cellular band 30 (WCS, “WiMax”)
WiFi (802.11b/g/n), Bluetooth, older cordless home phones
Cellular band 41 (BRS/EBS)
Cellular band 48 (CBRS)
Cellular band 77/band 78/band 79 (C-Band)
Frequency Range (Left Connector):
50 KHz–960 MHz
Frequency Range (Right Connector):
240 MHz–4000 MHz
2 MHz–960 MHz in a single sweep
−125 dBm–10 dBm
Max Input Power (Absolute):
Average Noise Level (Typical LNA):
Amplitude Stability & Accuracy (Typical):
Resolution Bandwidth (RBW):
2.6 kHz–600 kHz (automatic)
For warranty information on this product, please see our Top Signal warranty information page.