Features of the 2X Top Signal Home cell signal booster
- Upgraded commercial-grade coax cable delivers over 40 percent more indoor coverage compared to the regular Top Signal Home signal booster.
- The roof-mounted omnidirectional antenna provides reception for all towers and carriers around the home, and works well in areas without a clear line of sight to any particular tower.
- The EDGE panel antenna has 5 to 8 dBi of gain and multiple mounting options for easy and convenient setup. (Learn more about setup options for this antenna.)
- Provides improved signal for medium- to large-sized homes and in small offices.
- With up to 68 dB gain, the Top Signal Home offers twice the gain of other boosters in its price range.
- The booster has a sturdy aluminum case with an integrated heat sink and LED status lights.
- Boosts 5G, 4G LTE, and 3G service for voice, text, and data. (Learn more about 5G compatibility.)
- Boosts cell signal for multiple users in your home or home office.
- Works with the networks of all major U.S. cellular carriers.
The 2X Top Signal Home is a single-indoor-antenna system designed for medium-sized and large homes that need improved cell signal reception throughout the house. The 2X Top Signal Home improves both voice and data to reduce dropped calls and missed emails and texts, keeping your family members, friends, and guests connected with a stronger cell signal.
This 2X system combines the Top Signal Home’s impressive 68 dB of gain with low-loss TS‑400 coax cable and commercial-grade antennas.
If your home is in an area with very weak outside signal, consider upgrading to the Top Signal Rural Home system with a high-gain outdoor antenna.
The Top Signal Home is a five‑band cell signal booster that features a best-in-class 68 dB of signal gain.
Who is the 2X Top Signal Home for?
- Those who frequently experience dropped calls, undelivered texts, or slow data rates.
- Homes and home offices in remote locations with weak cell service (new communities, rural areas, cabins, etc.).
- Homes and home offices with building materials that block outside cell signal (plaster, concrete, metal, UV-coated windows, etc.).
- Homes with basements, theater rooms, metal out-buildings, and other places where cell reception is poor.
You can install the 2X Top Signal Home yourself in a couple of hours.
You can also have a professional install your booster system at additional cost. We recommend that you contact a local cable/satellite TV installer; the work required to install a cell signal booster is similar to installing a satellite dish TV service.
Download the 2X Top Signal Home installation guide (PDF)
How the 2X Top Signal Home works
The Top Signal Home booster receives available outside cell signal, amplifies it, and rebroadcasts it inside your home or home office. This allows you to stay connected in areas where cell service is poor or where your building’s construction materials interfere with signals from local cell towers.
Works with all major cellular carriers
The Top Signal Home works with all major wireless carriers, including Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, DISH Wireless, UScellular, GCI Alaska, and most others.
It operates on common cellular frequencies.
- 700 MHz (SMH) bands 12, 13, 17.
- 850 MHz (Cellular 850) band 5.
- 1700/2100 MHz (AWS) band 4.
- 1900 MHz (PCS) bands 2, 25.
Mounting options for the Top Signal EDGE flex-mount panel antenna
The Top Signal EDGE panel antenna has four installation configurations:
- Mount it vertically (forward-facing) on a drillable wall with a bracket and screws (included).
- Stand it up vertically (forward-facing) on any flat surface, such as a bookcase, shelf, table, or desk.
- Mount it horizontally (downward-facing) on a drillable ceiling with a threaded post and nut (included).
- Because the antenna is so light (only 14 oz./0.4 kg), you may also mount it horizontally or vertically using Command™ Strips or similar adhesives (not included).
The back of the panel includes a channel for the pigtail cable so it will mount flush against walls and ceilings.
(Learn more about the Top Signal EDGE panel antenna.)
The removable nylon post and nut give you the option of mounting the EDGE panel antenna vertically on a drillable ceiling. (Click to enlarge.)
How much area will the 2X Top Signal Home cover?
The coverage area this system can provide depends on many factors, including:
- Outside signal strength received by the donor antenna.
- Inside building materials. (Cellular frequencies pass through wood framing and drywall more easily than through steel, stone, or concrete.)
- The cellular frequencies used by the carrier. (Lower-frequency SMH and CLR signals travel farther than higher-frequency AWS and PCS signals.)
In general, the stronger the outside cell signal, the greater the interior broadcast distance. With strong outside cell signal (−95 dBm RSRP), this system can typically cover 12,000 square feet of indoor space with 700 MHz signal. With weak outside signal−115 dBm RSRP), it can typically cover 1,500 square feet of indoor space.
Powerful Signal has over a decade of experience designing and installing cellular amplification systems. Please call us at 435-634-6800 or contact us online, and we’ll be happy to calculate the coverage area this system will provide in your building and answer any other questions about this amplifier.
For information on federal rules governing the use of consumer cell signal boosters, please see our FCC notice page.
Prop 65 notice
Warning This product can expose you to chemicals which are known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Small home / large home / home office
Strong outside signal (−95 dBm RSRP, 5 bars):
Up to 12,000 ft² indoor coverage @ 700 MHz
Fair outside signal (−105 dBm RSRP, 3 bars):
Up to 6,500 ft² indoor coverage @ 700 MHz
Weak outside signal (−115 dBm RSRP, 1 bar):
Up to 1,500 ft² indoor coverage @ 700 MHz
+68 dB max
Booster Case Material:
For warranty information on this product, please see our Top Signal warranty information page.