Features of the SureCall 5X Max four-antenna system
- This four-antenna solution allows you to distribute signal more evenly in long, narrow offices, buildings with multiple floors, and other facilities up to 80,000 square feet. (learn more about coverage area.)
- This system includes over $700 in bonus components that improve performance and make installation easier:
- The outdoor omni antenna can be installed for coverage to get coverage from all cellular carriers, or you can use the directional antenna for stronger signal from just one tower (learn more).
- The four EDGE dome antennas mount to drop ceilings, ceiling panels, and hard-deck ceilings (learn more).
- The rooftop antenna mount provides a mounting option for the outside amplifier and antenna.
- The lightning surge protector shields the booster components from static electrical discharges from nearby lightning strikes (when properly grounded; learn more).
- The most powerful enterprise cell phone signal booster in its class, for improving indoor cellular coverage in large office buildings, residential MDUs, and commercial spaces.
- SureCall’s Extended Range Technology™ (ERT) amplifies cellular signal at the outside donor antenna before sending it to the inside host amplifier, reducing or eliminating signal loss in the coax cable and providing more indoor coverage, longer range to the cell tower,and faster cellular data speeds.
- Two inside antenna ports on the booster each provide full gain. The SureCall 5X Max is effectively two boosters in a single unit.
- Includes remote monitoring to manage the booster system on- or off-site. The SureCall Cloud™ web interface indicates signal strength and booster performance in real time for help with initial installation and ongoing troubleshooting. (learn more about SureCall Cloud.)
- Integrated LCD display and controls allow you to see uplink and downlink gain and power by frequency band and make manual gain adjustments, if needed.
- 2XP™ technology doubles uplink transmission to the cell tower for optimum performance in areas with weak signal, and SureIQ™ technology auto-adjusts gain in strong signal areas to prevent booster overload and shutdown.
- Works with all major U.S. and Canadian carriers.
- Improves 5G and 4G/LTE service for voice, text, and data. (learn more about 5G compatibility.)
The SureCall 5X Max features an LCD display with optional manual gain control for each band of cellular frequency.
Who is the SureCall 5X Max four-antenna system for?
- Offices, multidwelling units (MDUs), commercial/industrial buildings, and public facilities in urban environments with building materials that block outside cell signal (steel, glass, concrete, plaster, etc.).
- Commercial and residential buildings in remote locations with weak outdoor cell service.
- Buildings with below-ground floors where cell reception is poor.
- Offices that frequently experience dropped calls, undelivered texts, or slow cellular data service.
Integrated SureCall Cloud service
The SureCall 5X Max includes SureCall Cloud service that provides remote monitoring and administration tools for I.T. departments and system integrators anywhere, without having access to the building’s Ethernet or WiFi network.
With the SureCall Cloud you can remotely log on to the 5X Max through your phone, computer, tablet, or other device with a web browser. Once logged in, you can:
- Monitor the booster’s uplink and downlink gain and power and user capacity levels in real time and see historical reports.
- Manually adjust uplink and downlink gain, power, and attenuation limits for each band of cellular frequency (if needed).
- Remotely power cycle (reboot) the system.
Remote monitoring is available through a cellular connection and requires a SIM card.
A one-year SureCall Cloud subscription is included with the purchase of the 5X Max and is billed annually thereafter. For subscription pricing information, please call Powerful Signal at 435-634-6800 or contact us online.
SureCall Cloud uplink power, uplink gain & capacity
Optional plenum air coax cable upgrade
The SureCall 5X Max system includes 400-type coax cable to connect the amplifier to the inside antenna. If your building requires fire-rated cable in plenum spaces, please ask us about upgrading to ½-inch plenum air coax. Plenum cable fully meets state and federal building codes.
Plenum cable also has nearly half the signal loss per foot of cable compared to 400-type coax cable, delivering stronger signal from the SureCall amplifier to your phones and other cellular devices.
(Plenum air cable is available at additional cost. Call Powerful Signal at 435-634-6800 for details.)
This system uses 400 coax (left), but you can upgrade to fire-rated plenum air coax cable (right) for building-code compliance and better performance.
Best practices: a custom-designed SureCall 5X Max solution
In a large building, office, or warehouse, you’ll get the best results and performance from a SureCall 5X Max with a custom design and professional installation.
Working with your floor plans, Powerful Signal’s design engineers will create design specifications that will allow you to use the fewest number of components to get the maximum amount of cellular coverage inside your building.
Powerful Signal’s professional installer will have knowledge of local building codes and have the proper tools and experience to make sure your system is set up and configured correctly.
Call Powerful Signal at 435-634-6800 or request a free custom quote online. We’ll design a custom system that will solve your cellular reception and connectivity problems at the best possible price point. We’ve designed thousands of cell signal amplifier systems—let us create one for you!
An office floor with amplified cellular signal from a SureCall amplifier and one dome antenna.
Purchasing a SureCall 5X Max four-antenna system system
The 5X Max system comes with the following components.
Cable length requirements
The coax cable run from the outside amplifier to the inside host amplifier must meet the following requirements set by the manufacturer:
- Minimum length: 50′ (400-type coax)
- Maximum length: 150′ (400-type coax) or 300′ (half-inch coax)
Cable runs outside of those parameters will cause the host amplifier to shut down or not operate properly.
Which outside antenna should I use?
This system provides you with both outdoor directional and omnidirectional antennas. Here are some general guidelines for choosing the right antenna to use.
- Top Signal’s cylindrical omnidirectional antenna works well in most situations. An omni antenna sends and receives signal to and from all carrier towers in all directions and does not require tuning.
- SureCall’s wedge-shaped directional (LPDA) antenna works best if your building has a reasonably clear line of sight to a specific cell tower that provides service for one specific cellular network. The directional antenna is also an excellent choice if another carrier has a powerful cell tower nearby, but you need to bypass that tower in favor of a more distant one operated by your preferred carrier. A directional antenna needs to be tuned, so its setup is more involved than using an omni antenna.
If you’re still not certain which antenna will work best for you, please call us at 435-634-6800. Our technical support representatives will be happy to discuss your specific requirements and give you a recommendation based on years of professional experience.
Mounting options for the Top Signal EDGE dome antenna
- Mount in drywall and drop ceilings with the mounting post and nylon nut.
(Above-ceiling access required.)
- Mount to hard deck ceilings with the mounting plate.
(Requires drilling a 1″/2.5 cm hole for the mounting post and fishing cable above the hard deck ceiling.)
The nylon post and nut are used with drywall and drop ceilings; the mounting plate (blue) is used with hard deck ceilings. (Click to enlarge.)
How the SureCall 5X Max works
Using SureCall’s patented SureIQ™, 2XP™, and ERT™ technologies, the 5X Max receives the outside cell signal, amplifies it, and rebroadcasts it inside your building through two ceiling-mounted dome antennas. This allows you to stay connected when outside cell service is poor or where your building’s construction materials interfere with signals from the local cell tower.
Works with all major cellular carriers
The SureCall 5X Max works with all major wireless carriers, including Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, DISH Wireless, UScellular, GCI Alaska, and most others.
It operates on common cellular frequencies.
- 700 MHz (SMH) bands 12, 13, 17.
- 850 MHz (Cellular 850) band 5.
- 1700/2100 MHz (AWS) band 4.
- 1900 MHz (PCS) bands 2, 25.
How much area will the SureCall 5X Max cover?
This system comes with four dome antennas that broadcast improved cellular signal in a spherical pattern. With strong outside cell signal (−75 dBm RSRP or greater), these antennas can cover up to 80,000 square feet of indoor building space with 700 MHz signal. The size of the coverage area you’ll experience depends on many factors, including:
- Outside cell signal strength received by the donor antenna.
- Placement of the dome antennas in the building. The antennas should be placed as far from each other as needed to get maximum coverage.
- Inside building materials. Cellular frequencies pass through wood framing and drywall more easily than through steel and concrete.
- Cellular frequencies used by the carrier and the device. Lower-frequency 700 MHz and Cellular (850 MHz) signals travel farther than higher-frequency PCS (1900 MHz) and AWS (1700/2100 MHz) signals.
Substandard or inadequate conditions in any of these factors will reduce your coverage area.
Powerful Signal has over a decade of experience designing and installing cellular amplification systems. Please call us at 435-634-6800 or contact us online and we’ll be happy to calculate the coverage area this system will provide in your building and answer any other questions about this amplifier.
For information on federal rules governing the use of consumer cell signal boosters, please see our FCC notice page.
Prop 65 notice
Warning This product can expose you to chemicals which are known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Large commercial / multiple dwelling unit
Strong outside signal (−95 dBm RSRP, 5 bars):
Up to 80,000 ft² indoor coverage @ 700 MHz (depending on number of inside antennas)
Fair outside signal (−105 dBm RSRP, 3 bars):
Up to 50,000 ft² indoor coverage @ 700 MHz (depending on number of inside antennas)
Weak outside signal (−115 dBm RSRP, 1 bar):
Up to 10,000 ft² indoor coverage @ 700 MHz (depending on number of inside antennas)
Omnidirectional dual-mount dome (×2)
+72 dB max
Booster Case Material:
LCD display & web portal
For warranty information on this product, please see our SureCall warranty information page.