Features of the Wilson 50‑ohm lightning surge protector
- N‑female connectors on both ends.
- Jumper cable terminated with N‑male connectors required to attach to booster. (Available as an optional add‑on, above.)
- 0–3000 MHz frequency range.
- 50 ohm impedance.
- Attenuates < −0.2 dB.
How the Wilson 50‑ohm lightning surge protector is used
- When properly installed and attached to a ground wire, this gas-discharge surge protector interrupts the spike in power from a nearby lightning strike, directing it to ground instead of to a cell signal booster. (See our instructions for installing a lightning surge protector.)
- Gas discharge element is replaceable (Wilson part no. 859920).
- For in-building use with 50-ohm cell signal booster systems and coax cable terminated with N‑male connectors.
Wilson 50‑ohm lightning surge protector contents
- Requires a ground wire and ground stake (not included).
- This product will not protect against a direct lighting strike to an antenna. If you are concerned about lightning strikes, we recommend installing a lightning rod suitable to your building.
400 coax & plenum coax
Up to 3000 MHz (3 GHz)
< −0.2 dB
For warranty information on this product, please see our Wilson Electronics warranty information page.