Features of the 2X HiBoost Home 10K Smart Link
- Upgraded commercial-grade TS‑400 coax cable delivers double the indoor coverage area of the standard HiBoost Home 10K system.
- Provides improved signal for large homes and small offices.
- Choice of outside antennas at no additional charge.
- Choice of 1 or 2 inside antennas—choose from a low-profile dome or a wall-mounted panel antenna. (Get help picking the right antennas.)
- Sturdy metal case.
- Easy-to-read backlit LCD display, with uplink/downlink/power status on one screen and optional manual settings.
- Monitor and troubleshoot your booster with HiBoost’s Signal Supervisor app for smartphones.
- Boosts signal for up to 150 simultaneous cellular devices.
- Carrier agnostic: Works with all major U.S. and Canadian carriers.
- Improves 5G and 4G/LTE service for voice, text, and data. (Learn more about 5G compatibility.)
The 2X HiBoost Home 10K Smart Link is a one- or two-antenna system designed for large homes that need improved cell signal reception throughout the house. The HiBoost Home 10K booster improves both voice and data to reduce dropped calls and missed emails and texts, keeping your family members, friends, and guests connected with a stronger cell signal.
This system includes one or two inside antennas that send amplified signal to the phones in your building.
The HiBoost Home 10K Smart Link booster features a backlit LCD display and optional manual controls for gain and power.
This system doubles your coverage!
The 2X HiBoost Home 10K Smart Link system uses the same booster as the standard manufacturer’s kit, but it includes ⅜‑inch 400 coax cable with half the signal loss of the standard 200 coax. This 2X system will double the coverage area provided by your inside antenna.
The 2X system also includes an optional outdoor omni antenna that supports multiple carriers simultaneously.
The low-loss TS‑400 coax cable in this system doubles your amplified cell signal coverage area.
Who is the 2X HiBoost Home 10K Smart Link for?
- Mid-sized to large homes with typical cellular user and data loads.
- Residences in remote locations with weak cell service.
- Urban environments with building materials that block outside cell signal (steel, glass, concrete, plaster, etc.).
- Basements and other below-ground rooms where cell reception is poor.
You can install the HiBoost Home 10K Smart Link cell signal booster yourself in one to two hours with common household tools. It does not require professional installation.
See the Documentation section to download our installation guide and the manufacturer’s user manual. You can also watch the installation video below. (Please note that your antennas and coax cables will be different than the ones depicted in HiBoost’s user manual and in the video.)
Monitor your 10K Smart Link system from your smartphone
HiBoost’s Signal Supervisor app for smartphones helps you set up and monitor your cell signal booster. The booster links to your iPhone or Android smartphone via a Bluetooth or WiFi connection. With Signal Supervisor, you can:
- Register your booster via a QR Code or Bluetooth.
- Monitor your signal booster’s status via Bluetooth.
- Set up and receive remote alerts if your booster isn’t operating properly.
- View your booster’s power settings, decibel gain, and dBm output.
- Manage multiple boosters.
HiBoost’s Signal Supervisor app is available for Apple iOS and Android devices.
Purchasing a 2X HiBoost Home 10K Smart Link system
The 2X HiBoost Home 10K Smart Link kit ships in two separate boxes. The first box contains the manufacturer’s components; the second box contains the upgraded 2X kit’s antennas, coax cables, lightning surge protector, and other components.
The manufacturer’s kit includes:
How the HiBoost Home 10K Smart Link works
The HiBoost Home 10K Smart Link cell phone signal booster receives outside cell signal, amplifies it, and rebroadcasts it inside your home through a ceiling-mounted dome antenna or wall-mounted panel antenna. This allows you to stay connected in areas where cell service is poor or where your home’s construction materials interfere with signals from the local cell tower.
Works with all major cellular carriers
The HiBoost 10K Smart Link works with all major wireless carriers, including Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, DISH Wireless, UScellular, GCI Alaska, and most others.
It operates on common cellular frequencies.
- 700 MHz (SMH) bands 12, 13, 17.
- 850 MHz (Cellular 850) band 5.
- 1700/2100 MHz (AWS) band 4.
- 1900 MHz (PCS) bands 2, 25.
Which antennas should I choose?
This system gives you the choice of an outdoor directional or omnidirectional antenna and an indoor ultra-thin dome or panel antenna. Here are some general guidelines for selecting the right antennas.
Outside (donor) antenna:
- The cylindrical omnidirectional antenna works best in most circumstances. The omni antenna sends and receives signal to and from all carrier towers in all directions.
- The wedge-shaped LPDA directional antenna works best if your building is in a remote location with one single, distant tower providing cell service for your area. The LPDA is also an excellent choice if there’s a powerful cell tower nearby but you need to bypass that tower in favor of a more distant one operated by your preferred carrier.
Inside (broadcast) antenna:
- The ceiling-mounted dome antenna works best in most circumstances. It broadcasts downward and all around in a shape similar to a donut or an inner tube. It usually gives more broad, even coverage than a wall-mounted panel antenna and is less noticeable than a panel antenna. Installing a dome antenna does, however, require that you have access above the ceiling to pull cable and mount the antenna.
- The wall-mounted panel antenna broadcasts forward in a sideways teardrop shape. It’s a better option if you don’t have access above your ceiling or if you want to mount the antenna on the outside perimeter of the area you want to cover. It’s also a good option for long, narrow indoor areas.
If you’re still not certain which antennas will work best for you, please call us at 435-634-6800. Our technical support representatives will be happy to discuss your specific requirements and give you a recommendation based on years of professional experience.
How much area will the 2X HiBoost Home 10K Smart Link cover?
This system comes with one dome antenna that broadcasts improved cellular signal in a spherical pattern or a panel antenna that broadcasts in a horizontal cone shape. The amount of indoor coverage area depends on many factors, including:
- Outside cell signal strength received by the donor antenna.
- The type of antennas you choose (dome or panel) and where you position them.
- Inside building materials. (Cellular frequencies pass through wood framing and drywall more easily than through steel and concrete.)
- Cellular frequencies used by the carrier and the device. (Lower-frequency LTE and 800 MHz signals travel farther than higher-frequency AWS and PCS signals.)
Substandard or inadequate conditions in any of these factors will reduce your coverage area.
Two inside antennas will not increase the total amount of indoor coverage area; they will divide it into zones. For example, if a one-antenna system can cover 10,000 square feet, a two-antenna system will cover 5,000 square feet per antenna. This is useful if you have two separate areas in your building that need improved signal, or if you have a long, narrow building that needs to spread out the booster’s signal.
Powerful Signal has over a decade of experience designing and installing cellular amplification systems. Please call us at 435-634-6800 or contact us online, and we’ll be happy to calculate the coverage area this system will provide in your building and answer any other questions about this amplifier.
For information on federal rules governing the use of consumer cell signal boosters, please see our FCC notice page.
Prop 65 notice
Warning This product can expose you to chemicals, including nickel, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, and Bisphenol A, which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Strong outside signal (−95 dBm RSRP, 5 bars):
Up to 20,000 ft² indoor coverage @ 700 MHz
Fair outside signal (−105 dBm RSRP, 3 bars):
Up to 12,500 ft² indoor coverage @ 700 MHz
Weak outside signal (−115 dBm RSRP, 1 bar):
Up to 1,600 ft² indoor coverage @ 700 MHz
Omnidirectional cylinder or directional LPDA
Omnidirectional dome or directional panel
+65 dB max
Max output power (uplink):
Max output power (downlink):
Booster case material:
Backlit LCD display with adjustable uplink, downlink & power by channel
For warranty information on this product, please see our HiBoost warranty information page.